- Title Pages
- Foreword to the History of the United Incorporations of St Mary’s Chapel of Edinburgh
- 1 Headship and Inclusion
- 2 Family, Household and Obligation
- 3 Craft and Kirk: Security, Status and Shelter
- 4 Craft and Burgh: Conflict or Partnership?
- Appendix 1: Seals of Cause
- Appendix 2: Mill’s Partial Transcription of the 1517 Letter from the Archbishop of St Andrews
- Appendix 3: 1527–8 Ratification of Seal of Cause by James V
- Appendix 4: 1532 Order of Crafts in Processions
- Appendix 5: Documents Relating to Foundation of Mary’s Chapel, 1505–6
- Appendix 6: Excerpts from Inventory of Writs Relating to 1601 Purchase of St Mary’s Chapel, Niddry’s Wynd
- Appendix 7: 1633 Ratification of Seal of Cause
- Appendix 8: Record of the 1703 Court of Session Decreet Arbitral from the Edinburgh Council Records
- Appendix 9: 1718–21 Chimney Piece Debate
- Appendix 10: Unfreemen Declared Able to Join the Incorporation in 1790
- Appendix 11: Responses to the Questions from the Royal Commission on Municipal Corporations
- Appendix 12: Burgh Trading Act 1846
- Index of Subjects
- Index of Places
- Building Early Modern Edinburgh
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.