- Title Pages
- 1 Voices of Dissent: Preaching and Negotiating Authority
- 2 Voices of Consent: Imperial Rhetoricians, <i>Theatra</i> and Patronage
- Introduction to Part II
- 3 The Deliberative Voice: The <i>Dialogue with the Empress-Mother on Marriage</i>
- 4 The Didactic Voice: The <i>Foundations of an Imperial Education</i>
- 5 The Didactic Voice: The <i>Orations</i> (<i>Seven Ethico-Political Orations</i>)
- 6 The Narrative Voice: The <i>Funeral Oration on His Brother Theodore, Despot of Morea</i>
- 7 Towards a Renewed Vision of Imperial Authority
- Appendix 1 Members of Manuel II’s Literary Circle
- Appendix 2 The Contents and Structure of Manuel II’s <i>Foundations</i>
- Appendix 3 Translation of Gemistos Plethon’s Preface to Manuel II’s <i>Funeral Oration</i>
- Appendix 4 Network of Ecclesiastics and Rhetoricians during Manuel II’s Reign
- Imperial Visions of Late Byzantium
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.