- Title Pages
- Series Editors’ Preface
- Editors’ Acknowledgments
- List of Illustrations
- Introduction: The Reinvention of the Ancient Hero
- 1 Hercules and the Millennial Generation
- 2 Hercules: The Mythopoetics of New Heroism
- 3 Hercules, Putin, and the Heroic Body on Screen in 2014
- 4 <i>Heroes and Companions in</i> Hercules (<i>2014</i>)
- 5 <i>Sacrifice and Salvific Heroism in</i> Supernatural <i>(2005–)</i>
- 6 <i>Russell Crowe and Maximal Projections in</i> Noah <i>(2014)</i>
- 7 The Immortality of Theseus and His Myth
- 8 <i>The Changing Faces of Heroism in</i> Atlantis <i>(2013–15)</i>
- 9 Xena: Warrior, Heroine, Tramp
- 10 <i>Divergent Heroism in</i> Centurion <i>(2010)</i>
- 11 The Hero in a Thousand Pieces: Antiheroes in Recent Epic Cinema
- 12 <i>Trouble in the Tehran Multiplex: Xerxes</i>, 300, <i>and</i> 300: Rise of an Empire <i>in Iran</i>
- 13 Ancient (Anti)Heroes on Screen and Ancient Greece Post-9/11
- 14 Making Modern (Anti) Heroes, the Ancient Way
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.