- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
- Chapter 1 Global Visions: Around-the-World Travel and Visual Culture in Early Modernity<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 2 Brief Encounters: The Railway Station on Film
- Chapter 3 Diasporic Dreams and Shattered Desires: Displacement, Identity and Tradition in <i>Heaven on Earth</i>
- Chapter 4 Chronotopic Ghosts and Quiet Men: José Luis Guerín’s <i>Innisfree</i>
- Chapter 5 Memories, Notebooks, Roads: The Essayistic Journey in Time and Space
- Chapter 6 Shadows of Unforgotten Ancestors: Representations of Estonian Mass Deportations of the 1940s in <i>In the Crosswind</i> and <i>Body Memory</i>
- Chapter 7 The Holocaust and the Cinematic Landscapes of Postmemory in Lithuania, Hungary and Ukraine
- Chapter 8 Hesitant Journeys: Fugitive and Migrant Narratives in the New Romanian Cinema
- Chapter 9 Women on the Road: Representing Female Mobility in Contemporary Hungarian–Romanian Co-productions
- Chapter 10 The Sense of an Ending: Music, Time and Romance in <i>Before Sunrise</i>
- Chapter 11 Moving in Circles: Kinetic Elite and Kinetic Proletariat in ‘End of the World’ Films
- Chapter 12 Gothic Journeys: Travel and Transportation in the Films of Terence Fisher
- Chapter 13 Transnational Productions and Regional Funding: Border-crossing, European Locations and the Case of Contemporary Horror
- Chapter 14 Colonialism in Latin American Road Movies
- Chapter 15 Spaces of Failure: The Gendering of Neoliberal Mobilities in the US Indie Road Movie
- Chapter 16 <i>Sic transit</i>: The Serial Killer Road Movie
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.