- Title Pages
- Introduction: In the Same Breath − From the Black Box to the White Cube and Beyond
- 1 Deeptime: <i>Breath</i> and the Look of Non-Art
- 2 The Durational Turn: Absorption and the Specificity of Temporality
- 3 Shortness of Breath: Beckett’s <i>Breath</i> in Context
- 4 Emptied of Theatre: Breath and the Phenomenology of Disembodiment
- 5 Waste of Breath: The Readymade as a Stage Set
- 6 Intermedial Breath: Defying the Boundaries between Displaying and Staging
- 7 Investigating the Materiality of Respiration in Different Media
- Conclusion: The Afterlives of Breath: Breathe – Breathe Again … Breathe Better
- Beckett's Breath
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.