- Title Pages
- Introduction: Continental Realism – Picking Up the Pieces
- Chapter 1 Empirical Realism and the Great Outdoors: A Critique of Meillassoux
- Chapter 2 The Ecstatic Realism of the Late Schelling
- Chapter 3 Before Infinitude: A Levinasian Response to Meillassoux’s Speculative Realism
- Chapter 4 Kantian Realisms: The Noumenal, Causation and Grounding
- Chapter 5 Pessimism, or The Importance of Indifference, Time and Suffering in Realist Ontologies
- Chapter 6 Being (with) Objects
- Chapter 7 Merleau-Ponty and the Challenge of Realism, or How (Not) to Go beyond Phenomenology
- Chapter 8 The Radical Contingency of Temporality, Correlation and Philosophy: Merleau-Ponty’s Indirect Ontology contra Meillassoux’s Hyper-Anthropocentric Idealism
- Chapter 9 The Realist Challenge: Thinking the Reality of Language after Deconstruction
- Notes on Contributors
- Continental Realism and Its Discontents
- Marie-Eve Morin
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.