- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
1.Women in the Director’s Chair: The ‘Female Gaze’ in Documentary Film
2.New Day Films: Collective Aesthetics and the collection
3.More Than One
- Interview: ‘The Final Projects of Hannah Wilke and Jo Spence’ – A Dialogue Between Elena Crippa and Anna Backman Rogers
4.The Feminist Voice: Improvisation in Women’s Autobiographical Filmmaking
5.Speaking About or Speaking Nearby? Documentary Practice and Female Authorship in the Films Of Kim Longinotto
6.A Politics of Nearness: Uses of Montage and Haptics in Documenting Cultural Experiences of Communities of India
7.The Other, The Same: Towards a Metamodern Poetics with Heddy Honigmann
8.The Memories of Belleville Baby: Autofiction as Evidence
9.To::For::By::About::With::From:: Towards Solid Women: On (Not) Being Addressed by Tracey Moffatt’s Moodeitj Yorgas
10.Constructing an Intimate Sphere Through Her Own Female Body: Naomi Kawase’s Documentary Films
11.Celebrity/Activist/Photographer: Mia Farrow
- ‘Being a Woman Documentary Maker in Taiwan’ – An Interview with Singing Chen and Wuna Wu
- Select Bibliography
- Female Authorship and the Documentary Image
- Boel Ulfsdotter, Anna Backman Rogers
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.