- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
- 1. Introduction: The Franchise Era
- 2. The (Im)Perfect Organism: Dissecting the <i>Alien</i> Media Franchise
- 3. Evil Spawn or Good Business? New Line Cinema, <i>Critters</i>, and Film Franchising at the Margins
- 4. The Happiest Plays On Earth: Theme Park Franchising in Disneyland Video Games
- 5. “Now <i>They’re</i> Playing with Power!”: Nintendo’s Classics and Franchise Legacy Management
- 6. From Cineludic form to Mise-En-Game: The Ludification of Cinematic Storyworlds in the <i>Star Wars</i> Video Games
- 7. Ghostly Boundaries: Transnational Tensions and Adapting Animation in the <i>Ghost In The Shell</i> Franchise
- 8. How to Animate Your Franchise: Dreamworks Animation and the Franchising of <i>How to Train Your Dragon</i>
- 9. TV Brand-Casting, Svod, and Ott at Comcast and Disney
- 10. Network Streaming: TV Broadcasters in the Digital Space
- 11. Transmedia-To-Go: Licensed Mobile Gaming in Japan
- 12. Locating Esports Spectatorship—Studio Audience(ing) and Sites of Speculation
- 13. Hollywood’s VR Vision: New Frontier or Virtually the Same Thing?<sup>1</sup>
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.