- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Introduction: <i>Time and Tide</i> – Origins, Founders and Goals
- Chapter 1 A New Feminist Venture: Work, Professionalism and the Modern Woman
- Chapter 2 ‘The Weekly Crowd. By Chimaera’: Collective Identities and Radical Culture
- Chapter 3 Mediating Culture: Modernism, the Arts and the Woman Reader
- Chapter 4 ‘The Courage to Advertise’: Cultural Tastemakers and ‘Journals of Opinion’
- Chapter 5 ‘A Common Platform’: Male Contributors and Cross-Gender Collaboration
- Chapter 6 ‘The Enjoyment of Literature’: Women Writers and the ‘Battle of the Brows’
- Chapter 7 A New Partnership: Art, Money and Religion
- Chapter 8 ‘A Free Pen’: Women Intellectuals and the Public Sphere
- Time and Tide
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.