- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Interior Matters: Secrecy and Hunger in Katherine Mansfield’s ‘Bliss’
- Katherine Mansfield and Vitalist Psychology
- A Raft in the Sea of Loneliness: Katherine Mansfield’s Discovery of Cosmic Anatomy
- Mansfield’s Psychology of the Emotions
- Feeling ‘Like a Work-Girl’: Class, Intimacy and Alienation in ‘The Garden Party’
- Me or I? The Search for the Self in the Early Writings of Katherine Mansfield
- ‘Jigging Away into Nothingness’: Knowledge, Language and Feminine Jouissance in ‘Bliss’ and ‘Psychology’
- ‘For the life of him he could not remember’: Post-war Memory, Mourning and Masculinity Crisis in Katherine Mansfield’s ‘The Fly’
- Short Story
- Creative Non-Fiction
- Critical Miscellany
- Poise by J. D. Fergusson: A Rediscovered Portrait of Katherine Mansfield?
- Patriarchal Pink: Gender Signification in Katherine Mansfield’s ‘The Little Governess’
- Apples and Pears: Symbolism and Influence in Daphne du Maurier’s ‘The Apple Tree’ and Katherine Mansfield’s ‘Bliss’
- ‘The Thing Needed’: Katherine Mansfield, Psychology and Relationships
- Notes on Contributors
- Join the Katherine Mansfield Society
Isn’t It [After ‘The Garden Party’]
- (p.127) Short Story
- Katherine Mansfield and Psychology
- Edinburgh University Press
At first people thought Uncle Jack had been killed in a hit-and-run, mowed down crossing the road near the May Road dairy. That was what Lorenzo heard in the first delirious phone calls from his mother: Uncle Jack had been mown down, and it was a brutal, heartless and sadistic act, no doubt perpetrated by someone twenty-one and Chinese in a brand new car with a learner’s licence and no insurance....
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.