- Title Pages
- Transcriptions and Orthography
- I Organising <i>Da’wah</i> and Spreading Reform
- II Colonising the Muslim East and Reinforcing Culture
- III Building <i>Siyasah</i> and Reforming Sultanate
- IV Controlling Politics and Bureaucratising Religion
- V Integrating <i>Shari’ah</i>, <i>Adat</i> and European Laws
- VI Formalising Legal Plurality
- VII Teaching <i>Agama</i> and the Secular
- VIII Secularising Education
- Islam and Colonialism
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.