- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Notes on Contributors
- Introduction: The Haunting of Jean Rhys
- Chapter 1 Jean Rhys and Katherine Mansfield Writing the ‘sixth act’
- Chapter 2 Making a Scene: Rhys and the Aesthete at Mid-Century
- Chapter 3 On the Veranda: Jean Rhys’s Material Modernism
- Chapter 4 Jean Rhys’s Environmental Language: Oppositions, Dialogues and Silences
- Chapter 5 Caribbean Formations in the Rhysian Corpus
- Chapter 6 ‘From Black to Red’: Jean Rhys’s Use of Dress in <i>Wide Sargasso Sea</i>
- Chapter 7 The Discourses of Jean Rhys: Resistance, Ambivalence and Creole Indeterminacy
- Chapter 8 The Empire of Affect: Reading Rhys after Postcolonial Theory
- Chapter 9 ‘The feelings are always mine’: Chronic Shame and Humiliated Rage in Jean Rhys’s Fiction
- Chapter 10 ‘Upholstered Ghosts’: Jean Rhys’s Posthuman Imaginary
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.