- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Gothic Monstrosity: Charles Brockden Brown’s <i>Edgar Huntly</i> and the Trope of the Bestial Indian
- Chapter 2 Slavery and American Gothic: The Ghost of the Future
- Chapter 3 Ethno-gothic: Repurposing Genre in Contemporary American Literature
- Chapter 4 Southern Gothic
- Chapter 5 The Devil in the Slum: American Urban Gothic
- Chapter 6 Joyce Carol Oates Revisits the Schoolhouse Gothic
- Chapter 7 American Gothic Television
- Chapter 8 American Gothic Art
- Chapter 9 Doppelgamers: Video Games and Gothic Choice
- Chapter 10 Screening the American Gothic: Celluloid Serial Killers in American Popular Culture
- Chapter 11 American Vampires
- Chapter 12 Consumed out of the Good Land: The American Zombie, Geopolitics and the Post-War World
- American Gothic Culture
- Joel Faflak, Jason Haslam
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.