- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Text Images
- Notes on Contributors
- Series Editor’s Preface
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Sasanian Cities: Archaeological Perspectives on the Urban Economy and Built Environment of an Empire
- 3 Palaeoecological Insights into Agri-Horti-Cultural and Pastoral Practices Before, During and After the Sasanian Empire
- 4 Animal Exploitation and Subsistence on the Borders of the Sasanian Empire: From the Gorgan Wall (Iran) to the Gates of the Alans (Georgia)
- 5 The Northern and Western Borderlands of the Sasanian Empire: Contextualising the Roman/Byzantine and Sasanian Frontier
- 6 Connectivity on a Sasanian frontier: Route Systems in the Gorgan Plain of North-East Iran
- 7 The Sasanian Empire and the East: A Summary of the Evidence and its Implications for Rome
- 8 Minority Religions in the Sasanian Empire: Suppression, Integration and Relations with Rome
- 9 A Contested Jurisdiction: Armenia in Late Antiquity
- 10 Cultural Contacts Between Rome and Persia at the Time of Ardashir I (c. AD 224–40)
- 11 Innovation and Stagnation: Military Infrastructure and the Shifting Balance of Power Between Rome and Persia
- 12 The Arabian Frontier: A Keystone of the Sasanian Empire
- 13 The India Trade in Late Antiquity
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.