- Title Pages
- Series Editors’ Preface
- Editor’s Acknowledgments
- Rome, <i>Season Two Episode Listing</i>
- Rome, <i>Season Two Cast List</i>
- 1 A Touch Too Cerebral
- 2 Discharging Pullo and Vorenus
- 3 Gangsterism in <i>Rome</i>
- 4 Class, Chaos, and Control in <i>Rome</i>
- 5 Earning Immortality
- 6 The Triumvirate of the Ring in <i>Rome</i>
- 7 Jews and Judaism in Rome
- 8 Revenge and Rivalry in <i>Rome</i>
- 9 Effigies of Atia and Servilia
- 10 Livia, Sadomasochism, and the Anti-Augustan Tradition in <i>Rome</i>
- 11 Windows and Mirrors
- 12 Antony and Atia
- 13 Problematic Masculinity
- 14 <i>Rome</i>, Shakespeare, and the Dynamics of the Cleopatra Reception
- 15 The Rattle of the Sistrum
- 16 Gateways to Vice
- 17 Slashing <i>Rome</i>
Season Two Rewritten in Online Fanfiction
- (p.219) 17 Slashing Rome
- Rome Season Two
- Edinburgh University Press
The chapter, “Slashing Rome: Season Two Rewritten in Online Fanfiction,” by Amanda Potter, analyzes the extensive level of fan engagement with the second season of the series Rome in the creation of online fanfiction. The chapter illuminates how in the world of online fanfiction, the primary focus is on creating sexual relationships between the characters on a series. The chapter also demonstrates how online fanfiction based on historically themed series initiates a new category that merges with existing categories such as slash and crossover.
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.