- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Quiet Man Gets Noisy: Sergio Leone, the Italian Western and Ireland<sup>1</sup>
- Chapter 2 Pietro Germi, Hybridity and the Roots of the Italo-Western
- Chapter 3 Malaysian Pirates, American Cowboys and the Marginalised Outlaw: Constructing Other-ed Adventurers in Italian Film
- Chapter 4 Spectacles of Insurgency: Witnessing the Revolution as Incoherent Text
- Chapter 5 Emancipation <i>all’italiana</i>: Giuseppe Colizzi and the Representation of African Americans in Italian Westerns
- Chapter 6 Corbucci Unchained: Miike, Tarantino and the Postmodern Discursivity of Exploitation Cinema
- Chapter 7 Bounty Hunters, <i>Yakuzas</i> and <i>Rōnins</i>: Intercultural Transformations between the Italian Western and the Japanese Swordfight Film in the 1960s
- Chapter 8 Spaghetti Westerns and Asian Cinema: Perspectives on Global Cultural Flows
- Chapter 9 Cowboys and Indians: Transnational Borrowings in the Indian Masala Western
- Chapter 10 For a Few Comic Strips More: Reinterpreting the Spaghetti Western through the Comic Book
- Chapter 11 Transit to East Germany: The Distribution and Reception of <i>Once Upon a Time in the West</i> in the German Democratic Republic
- Chapter 12 Spaghetti Westerns and the ‘Afterlife’ of a Hollywood Genre
- Notes on the Contributors
- Spaghetti Westerns at the Crossroads
- Austin Fisher
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.