- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- The Hellenistic Dynasties
- Series Editor's Preface
- Introduction: Court and Empire in the Hellenistic Near East
- 1 The Court as an Instrument of Power
- 2 The Theatre of Royalty
- 3 The Royal Palace: A Stage for Royal Rituals
- 4 The Royal Household
- 5 Court Society
- 6 Royal Pages
- 7 Social Dynamics
- 8 Hierarchy and Conflict
- 9 Ceremonial and Protocol
- 10 Death and Resurrection: Inauguration Ritual
- 11 The Royal Entry
- 12 Royal Processions: Enacting the Myth of Empire
- (p.265) Conclusion
- Courts and Elites in the Hellenistic Empires
- Edinburgh University Press
Abstracts and keywords to be supplied
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.