- Title Pages
- Series Editor's Preface
- Author's Preface
- List of Abbreviations
- Chapter 1 Allegories of Reference: An Introduction to <i>Aesthetic Ideology</i>
- Chapter 2 “As the Poets Do It”: On the Material Sublime
- Chapter 3 Returns of the Sublime: Positing and Performative in Kant, Fichte, and Schiller
- Chapter 4: Lightstruck: “Hegel on the Sublime”
- Chapter 5 Hegel/Marx: Consciousness and Life
- Chapter 6 Man and Self-Consciousness: Kojève, Romantic Ironist
- Chapter 7 Next Steps: Lukács, Jameson, Post-Dialectics
- Chapter 8 Monstrous History: Heidegger Reading Hölderlin
- Chapter 9 Discontinuous Shifts: History Reading History
- Chapter 10 Machinal Effects: Derrida With and Without de Man
- Appendix 1 : A Question of an Other Order: Deflections of the Straight Man
- Appendix 2: Response to Frances Ferguson
- Ideology, Rhetoric, Aesthetics
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.