- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
- Introduction: Cinematicity and Comparative Media
- Chapter 1 Dickensian ‘Dissolving Views’: The Magic Lantern, Visual Story-telling and the Victorian Technological Imagination
- Chapter 2 ‘Never Has One Seen Reality Enveloped in Such a Phantasmagoria’: Watching Spectacular Transformations, 1860–89
- Chapter 3. Moving-picture Media and Modernity: Taking Intermediate and Ephemeral Forms Seriously
- Chapter 4 Reading in the Age of Edison: The Cinematicity of ‘The Yellow Wall-Paper’
- Chapter 5 <i>Time and Motion Studies: Joycean Cinematicity in</i> A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- Chapter 6 Nature Caught in the Act: On the Transformation of an Idea of Art in Early Cinema
- Chapter 7 Cinematicity of Speech and Visibility of Literature: The Poetics of Soviet Film Scripts of the Early Sound Film Era
- Chapter 8 Making America Global: Cinematicity and the Aerial View
- Chapter 9. Invisible Cities, Visible Cinema: Illuminating Shadows in Late Film Noir
- Chapter 10 Cinema, Video, Game: Astonishing Aesthetics and the Cinematic ‘Future’ of Computer Graphics’ Past
- Chapter 11 Miniature Pleasures: On Watching Films on an iPhone
- Chapter 12 Kino-Eye in Reverse: Visualizing Cinema
- Select Bibliography
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.