- Title Pages
- Series Editor’s Foreword
- 1 The Maghreb and the Occident: Towards the Construction of an Occidentalist Discourse
- 2 From the Faraway Orient to the Reclaimed Occident: French Civilisation, Religious Conversion and Cultural Assimilation
- 3 The Occident and the Barbary Corsairs: Pre-colonial Maghrebi Encounters with the Occident
- 4 ‘La France, c’est moi’:<sup>1</sup> Love and Infatuation with the Occident
- 5 The Occident and the Oriental Woman: Rescuing the Oriental Man’s Victim?
- 6 The New Maghrebi Woman and the Occident: From Occidentophilia to Ambivalence
- 7 The End of the Chimera: Disillusion, Alienation and Ambivalence
Zahia Smail Salhi
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.