- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1 Keeping the Prophet's Family Alive: Profile of a Genealogical Discipline
- Chapter 2 Motives and Techniques of Genealogical Forgeryin Pre-modern Muslim Societies
- Chapter 3 The Genealogy of Power and the Power of Genealogy in Morocco: History, Imaginary and Politics
- Chapter 4 Berber Leadership and Genealogical Legitimacy: The Almoravid Case
- Chapter 5 Ways of Connecting With the Past: Genealogies in Nasrid Granada
- Chapter 6 Embarrassing Cousins: Genealogical Conundrums in the Central Sahara
- Chapter 7 Was Marwan ibn al-Hakam the First “Real” Muslim?
- Chapter 8 Genealogy and Ethnogenesis in al-Mas’udi's Muruj al-dhahab
- Chapter 9 Genealogical Prestige and Marriage Strategy among the Ahl al-Bayt: The Case of the al-Sadr Family in Recent Times
- About the Contributors
- Genealogy and Knowledge in Muslim Societies
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.