- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Word is a World
- Chapter 2 What Do We Have in Mind When We Talk about Language?
- Chapter 3 What Do We See in the Term Worldview?
- Chapter 4 Boas
- Chapter 5 Sapir
- Chapter 6 Whorf
- Chapter 7 Worldview (<i>Weltanschauung or Weltansicht</i>)
- Chapter 8 Sprache
- Chapter 9 The Work of the Mind
- Chapter 10 Form
- Chapter 11 Creativity, Culture and Character
- Chapter 12 Catching the Character
- Chapter 13 A Seeing and Feeling Worldview
- Chapter 14 Four Dangers in the Comparative Approach
- Chapter 15 Reformulating the Worldview Hypothesis
- Chapter 16 A Final Word
- Humboldt, Worldview and Language
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.