- Title Pages
- For our daughters: Elena, Bronwyn and Emma
- Tables and Figures
- 1 Whose Nationalism is it Anyway?
- 2 The Politics of Contemporary Scottish Nationalism
- 3 The Changing Sense of Scotland: the Political Employment of National Identity
- 4 Nationalism’s Metaphor: the Discourse and Grammar of National Personification
- 5 Mass Perceptions of National Identity: Evidence from Survey Data
- 6 Narratives of Identity: Locating National Identity in the Public’s Discourse
- 7 The Scottish Political Elite View of National Identity
- 8 (Re)describing Scottish National Identity
- Political Discourse and National Identity in Scotland
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.