- Title Pages
- Series Editor's Foreword
- Chapter One The History of Scholarship and the Nature of the Problem
- Chapter Two The <i>Adhan</i>, the <i>Miʾdhana</i> and the <i>Ṣawmaʿa</i>
- Chapter Three <i>Manāras</i> and <i>Manārs</i>
- Chapter Four The Mosque Tower
- Chapter Five Why were Towers Added to Mosques?
- Chapter Six The Minaret in the Maghrib in the Ninth Century
- Chapter Seven The Triumph of the Córdoban Minaret in the Maghrib
- Chapter Eight The Minaret in Egypt through the Ayyubid Period
- Chapter Nine The Minaret in the Central and Eastern Lands before the Seljuqs
- Chapter Ten The Minaret during the Seljuq Era
- Chapter Eleven The Minaret after the Mongol Conquests
- Chapter Twelve The Minaret beyond the Persianate World
- Chapter Thirteen The Spread of the Minaret into Modern Times
- Illustration Acknowledgments
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.