- Title Pages
- Maps and Tables
- Authors' Notes
- Manuscript and Record Sources
- 1 Durham: History, Culture and Identity
- 2 Durham: Government, Administration and the Local Community
- 3 Durham: Patronage, Service and Good Lordship
- 4 Durham under Bishop Anthony Bek, 1283–1311
- 5 Hexhamshire and Tynemouthshire
- 6 Tynedale: Power, Society and Identities, c. 1200–1296
- 7 Tynedale: A Community in Transition, 1296–c. 1400
- 8 Redesdale
- Conclusions and Wider Perspectives
- Border Liberties and Loyalties
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.