- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Chapter 1 The Invention of the English Christmas
- Chapter 2 Conspicuous Consumption and Festive Follies: Victorian Images of Christmas
- Chapter 3 Consumption, Coca-colonisation, Cultural Resistance – and Santa Claus
- Chapter 4 Religious Controversies over Christmas
- Chapter 5 Christmas Carols
- Chapter 6 Christmas Songs – Sentiments and Subjectivities
- Chapter 7 The Musical Underbelly of Christmas
- Chapter 8 Christmas and War
- Chapter 9 Christmas and the Media
- Chapter 10 Christmas and the Movies: Frames of Mind
- Chapter 11 Popular Culture and Christmas: A Nomad at Home
- Chapter 12 Reflections of a Jewish Childhood during Christmas
- Christmas, Ideology and Popular Culture
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.