- Title Pages
- For Nicholas McDowell
- List of Illustrations and Figures
- Textual Note
- Introduction: Contexts
- Chapter 1 Franco’s Great Family: La gran familia (The Great Family, Palacios 1962)
- Chapter 2 Civilising the City in <i>La ciudad no es para mí (The City’s Not For Me</i>, Lazaga 1965)
- Chapter 3 Reality and Pretence in <i>Los farsantes (Frauds</i>, Camus 1963)
- Chapter 4 Repression and Excess in <i>La tía Tula (Aunt Tula</i>, Picazo 1964)
- Chapter 5 Identity and Nationality in Nueve cartas a Berta (Nine Letters to Berta, Patino 1965)
- Chapter 6 Ageing and Coming of Age in <i>La caza (The Hunt</i>, Saura 1965)
- Conclusion: Overlaps
- A Cinema of Contradiction
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.