- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- Moral Theory and the Idea of a Just War
- Chapter 1 The Justice of Preemption and Preventive War Doctrines
- Chapter 2 Punitive Intervention: Enforcing Justice or Generating Conflict?
- Chapter 3 In Humanity's Name: Democracy and the Right to Wage War
- Chapter 4 The Concept of Proportionality: Old Questions and New Ambiguities
- Chapter 5 Just War? Just Children?
- Chapter 6 Is There a Supreme Emergency Exemption?
- Chapter 7 Security Beyond the State: Cosmopolitanism, Peace and the Role of Just War Theory
- <i>Chapter 8</i> Forgiveness and Reconciliation in <i>Jus Post Bellum</i>
- <i>Conclusion</i> In Defence of Just War Theory
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.