- Title Pages
- Introduction: Starting Points
- Chapter 1 Film: <i>The Matrix</i> and the I-pod
- Chapter 2 Building: Shopping in Utopia
- Chapter 3 Movie Poster: Alien Natures
- Chapter 4 Pop Video: Michael Jackson's ‘Thriller’ and ‘Race’
- Chapter 5 Celebrity: Diana and Death
- Chapter 6 TV Show: Big Brother after the Big Other
- Chapter 7 Newspaper Article: The Gulf War in Real Time and Virtual Space
- Chapter 8 Photograph(er): Cindy Sherman and the Masquerade
- Chapter 9 Political Speech: Margaret Thatcher's Hymn at the Sermon on the Mound
- Chapter 10 Critical Text: Alan Sokal's Sham Transgression
- Chapter 11 Popular Novel: The Ethics of Harry Potter
- Chapter 12 Short Story: Barthelme's Balloon and the Rhizome
- Chapter 13 Lyric: ‘Where's my Snare?’: Eminem and Sylvia Plath
- Chapter 14 Autobiography: Martin Amis's Experience
- Chapter 15 Virtual Text: Amazonian Democracy
- Chapter 16 World Media Event: It's About Time: Cultural History at the Millennium
- Journals from Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.