- Title Pages
- Case Studies
- Introduction: Problems of Definition and the Discourse of American Independent Cinema
- 1 Independent Filmmaking in the Studio Era: Tendencies within the Studio System
- 2 Independent Filmmaking in the Studio Era: The Poverty Row Studios (1930–50s)
- 3 Independence by Force: The Effects of the Paramount Decree on Independent Film Production
- 4 An Audience for the Independents: Exploitation Films for the Nation's Youth
- 5 The New Hollywood and the Independent Hollywood
- 6 American Independent Cinema in the Age of the Conglomerates
- 7 Mini-majors and Major Independents
- 8 The Institutionalisation of American Independent Cinema
- Epilogue: From Independent to ‘Specialty’ Cinema
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.