- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- List of Figures
- 2 Sicily from Pre-Greek Times to the Fourth Century
- 3 Indigenous Society between the Ninth and Sixth Centuries BC: territorial, urban and social evolution
- 4 Wine Wares in Protohistoric Eastern Sicily
- 5 Greeks Bearing Gifts: religious relationships between Sicily and Greece in the archaic period
- 6 Coin Types and Identity: Greek cities in Sicily
- 7 Sicily in the Athenian Imagination:
- 8 The Tyrant’s Myth
- 9 The Coming of the Romans: Sicily from the fourth to the first centuries BC
- 10 Garrisons and Grain: Sicily between the Punic Wars
- 11 Ciceronian Sicily: an archaeological perspective
- 12 Between Greece and Italy: an external perspective on culture in Roman Sicily
- 13 The Charm of the Siren: the place of classical Sicily in historiography
- Sicily from Aeneas to Augustus
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.