- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- Foreword. Anne Crowther
- Editors’ Introduction
- 1 The Provision and Control of Medical Relief
- 2 Charity Dispensaries, Medical Education and Domiciliary Medical Care for the Poor in Edinburgh and Glasgow, c.1870–1914
- 3 Welfare Agencies and Migrant Settlers in Scotland, c.1919–22
- 4 The Jews of Glasgow
- 5 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- 6 Public Information, Private Lives
- 7 Exploring the Myth of a Scottish Privilege
- 8 Law, Medicine and the Treatment of Homosexual Offenders in Scotland, 1950–1980
- 9 ‘Boy’ Clerks and Scottish Health Administration, 1867–1956
- 10 Central Policy and Local Independence
- Anne Crowther: List of Main Publications
- Medicine, Law and Public Policy in Scotland
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.