- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Notes on the Contributors
- 1. Women Make Movies: Chicken & Egg Pictures, Gamechanger Films and the Future of Female Independent Filmmaking
- 2. Killer Feminism
- 3.‘A Woman with an Endgame’: Megan Ellison, Annapurna Pictures and American Independent Film Production
- 4. Susan Seidelman’s Contemporary Films: The Feminist Art of Self-reinvention in a Changing Technological Landscape
- 5.‘I’m Absolutely the Right Person for this Job’: Allison Anders and Mary Harron on Lifetime Television
- 6. Gender, Genre and More General Indie Dimensions in Megan Griffiths’ The Off Hours and Eden
- 7. Down to the Bone: Neo-neorealism and Genre in Contemporary Women’s Indies
- 8. My Effortless Brilliance: Women’s Mumblecore
- 9. Black Women, Romance and the Indiewood Rom Coms of Sanaa Hamri
- 10. From Documentary to Fictional Realism: Mira Nair’s Documentary Roots, Fictional Home and Production Politics
- 11. Having its Cake and Eating it Too: Contemporary American ‘Indie’ Cinema and My Big Fat Greek Wedding Reframed
- 12. Not Just Indie: A Look at Films by Dee Rees, Ava DuVernay and Kasi Lemmons
- 13. Sexual In-betweener/Industry In-betweener: The Career and Films of Lisa Cholodenko
- 14. Miranda July and the New Twenty-first-century Indie
- 15. Mutual Muses in American Independent Film: Catherine Keener and Nicole Holofcener, Michelle Williams and Kelly Reichardt
- 16. The Feminist Politics of Collaboration in Lena Dunham’s Tiny Furniture
- 17. The Director as Facilitator: Collaboration, Cooperation and the Gender Politics of the Set
- 18. Beyond the Screen: On Contemporary Feminist Media Re-articulations
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.