- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Looking for Practices
- Chapter 2 The Emergence of a Governance System
- Chapter 3 Presbyterial Business
- Chapter 4 The Kirk Session
- Chapter 5 Handling Finances
- Chapter 6 Scottish Systemic Accountability
- Chapter 7 Contrasts and Consequences
- Chapter 8 Conclusion
- Appendix 1 Contrast of visitation questions
- Appendix 2 Parochial visitations in four presbyteries, 1700–35
- Appendix 3 Questions asked about ministerial conduct at parochial visitations in 1710 compared to 1704 <i>Overtures</i>
- Appendix 4 Questions asked about sessions at parochial visitations in 1710 compared to 1704 <i>Overtures</i>
- Appendix 5 Questions at privy censures in presbytery of Cupar in 1730 compared to 1704 <i>Overtures</i>
- Appendix 6 Parish records examined for account formats
- Appendix 7 Coding structure for analysing the recording of financial transactions
- Appendix 8 Account formats across five presbyteries
- Religion and National Identity
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.