- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Introduction: The Wonder that Came Later
- Chapter 1 A Question of Form: Genre and the Journey
- Chapter 2 ‘An End to Journeying’: Travel and its Discontents in Late Modernity
- Chapter 3 Forms of Recovery and Renewal: Travels in Contemporary Literature
- Chapter 4 Bruce Chatwin and the ‘modern WONDER VOYAGE’: <i>In Patagonia</i> (1977)
- Chapter 5 V. S. Naipaul and the ‘gift of wonder’: <i>The Enigma of Arrival</i> (1987)
- Chapter 6 W. G. Sebald’s Travels through ‘<i>das unentdeckte Land’: Die Ringe des Saturn</i> (1995)
- Afterword: The ‘unlimited vicissitudes of travelling’
- Travellers' Tales of Wonder
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.