- Title Pages
- Comment on transliteration and conventions used in the book
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The twelfth-century accounts of the battle of Manzikert
- Chapter 3 The thirteenth-century accounts of the battle of Manzikert
- Chapter 4 The fourteenth- and fifteenth-century accounts of the battle of Manzikert
- Chapter 5 Writing the battle
- Chapter 6 The ongoing Muslim-Christian confrontation: the victorious contribution of the Turks
- Chapter 7 The heritage of Manzikert: the myth of national identity
- Appendix A The account of the battle of Manzikert by Michael Attaleiates
- Appendix B Translations of some other1 medieval Christian accounts of the battle of Manzikert
- Appendix C Other medieval Muslim accounts of the battle of Manzikert
- Primary Sources on the Battle of Manzikert
- Other Primary Sources
- Turkish Myth and Muslim Symbol
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.