- Title Pages
- Part I ‘Censorious Rigmarole and Legalistic Overkill’
- Chapter 1 A Nasty Story
- Chapter 2 Nastier Still
- Chapter 3 Two or Three Things I Know About ‘Video Nasties’
- Part II After the Deluge
- Chapter 4 ‘The Tenor of the Times’: An Interview with James Ferman
- Chapter 5 ‘Reading Society Aright’: Five Years after the Video Recordings Act
- Chapter 6 The Video Image
- Part III Nineties Nightmares
- Chapter 7 ‘Not Suitable for Home Viewing’
- Chapter 8 Vicious Drivel and Lazy Sluts
- Chapter 9 Doing Harm
- Chapter 10 The Anatomy of a Newspaper Campaign: Crash
- Chapter 11 The Last Battle, or Why Makin' Whoopee! Matters
- Part IV New Millennium, New Beginning?
- Chapter 12 ‘The Way Things Are Now’: An Interview with Robin Duval
- Chapter 13 The Limits of the Possible
- Chapter 14 Full Circle
- Appendix: The DPP List of ‘Video Nasties’
- Film and Video Censorship in Contemporary Britain
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.