- Title Pages
- Chapter One The Free Course of Providence: Presbyterian Social Thought in the Age of Disruption and Destitution
- Chapter two A Peculiar People: Highland Religion and Identity
- Chapter three ‘The Crofters’ War': Genesis 1880–3
- Chapter four The Escalation of Agitation
- Chapter five Politics, Presbyteries and ‘The Prophet’
- Chapter six ‘The Crofters’ War': Disunity and Disorder 1886–8
- Manuscript Sources
- Printed Primary sources
- Secondary Sources
- Land, Faith and the Crofting Community
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.