- Title Pages
- List of Maps
- List of Tables, Figures and Graphs
- Note on Photographs
- Note on Names, Orthography and Pronunciation
- 1 Basutoland: ‘A Very Prickly Hedgehog’
- 2 Medicine Murder: Belief and Incidence
- 3 Medicine Murder: The Debates of the Late 1940s
- 4 Narrative and Counter-Narrative: Explaining Medicine Murder
- 5 Diagnoses and Resolutions: From Failure to Recrimination to Silence
- 6 Murderers and their Motives
- 7 Plots, Murders, Mutilations and Medicine
- 8 Police Investigations
- 9 The Judicial Process
- Addendum: Towards Frameworks of Comparison
- D Printed Books, Articles, Etc.
- Medicine Murder in Colonial Lesotho
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.