- Title Pages
- Bibliographical Note
- Introduction: Locating the Lacanian Left
- 1 Antinomies of Creativity: Lacan and Castoriadis on Social Construction and the Political
- 2 Laclau with Lacan on <i>Jouissance</i>: Negotiating the Affective Limits of Discourse
- 3 Žižekian ‘Perversions’: The Lure of Antigone and the Fetishism of the Act
- Excursus on Badiou
- 4 What Sticks? From Symbolic Power to <i>Jouissance</i>
- 5 Enjoying the Nation: A Success Story?
- 6 Lack of Passion: European Identity Revisited
- 7 The Consumerist ‘Politics of <i>Jouissance</i>’ and the Fantasy of Advertising
- 8 Democracy in Post-Democratic Times
- The Lacanian Left
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.