- Title Pages
- Introduction: Histories
- Chapter 1 The Writer/Producer in American Television
- Chapter 2 The Lack of Influence of thirtysomething
- Chapter 3 Twin Peaks: David Lynch and the Serial-Thriller Soap
- Chapter 4 Quality/Cult Television: The X-Files and Television History
- Introduction: The Series/serial Form
- Chapter 5 Television and the Neo-Baroque
- Chapter 6 Serial Narrative and Guest Stars: Ally McBeal's Eccentrics
- Chapter 7 The Representation of Youth and the Twenty-Something Serial
- Chapter 8 Violence and Therapy in The Sopranos
- Chapter 9 Television, Horror and Everyday Life in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Introduction: Receptions
- Chapter 10 Cult TV, Quality and the Role of the Episode/Programme Guide
- Chapter 11 Creating ‘Quality’ Audiences for ER on Channel Four
- Chapter 12 The Bartlet Administration and Contemporary Populism in NBC's The West Wing
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.