- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- Foreword by HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Patron of the College
- Foreword By Mr John Smith, College President
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Origins and early years, 1505–1581
- 3 Consolidation and organisation, 1581–1726
- 4 Enlightenment to Reform, Incorporation to College, 1726–c. 1830
- 5 The College in transition: medical reform to NHS, c. 1830–1948
- 6 Five hundred years on – technology, global communication and new horizons, 1948–2005
- 7 The College buildings – symbols of a Famous and Flourishing Society
- 8 Conclusion: the College – past, present and future
- Appendix I Text of Seal of Cause, 1505
- Appendix II Text of Ratification of Seal of Cause by James IV, 1506
- Appendix III Deacons/Presidents
- Appendix IV Chronology
- Index of names
- General index
- A Famous and Flourishing Society
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.