- Title Pages
- Contributors and Editors
- 1 Songs for Heroes: The Lack of Images in Early Greece
- 2 The Uses of Writing on Early Greek Painted Pottery
- 3 Tools of the Trade
- 4 Meaning and Narrative Techniques in Statue-Bases of the Pheidian Circle
- 5 Small World: Pygmies and co.
- 6 Plato and Painting
- 7 Vases and Tragic Drama: Euripides’ Medea and Sophocles’ lost Tereus
- 8 Eidôla in Epic, Tragedy and Vase-Painting
- 9 Placing Theatre in the History of Vision
- 10 Social Structure, Cultural Rationalisation and Aesthetic Judgement in Classical Greece
- 11 Losing the Picture: Change and Continuity in Athenian Grave Monuments in the Fourth and Third Centuries BC
- 12 Archaic and Classical Greek Temple Sculpture and the Viewer
- Programme of the First Leventis Greek Conference Word and Image in Ancient Greece
- Index Locorum
- Word And Image In Ancient Greece
- Edinburgh University Press
Edinburgh Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.